Hemorrhoids can be itchy and painful. There are many over the counter medications for relief, but here are some natural remedies to help ease hemorrhoid pain and discomfort.
1) Increase your daily fiber intake.
Fiber is a natural stool softener that increases the mass of every stool passing and helps to reduce straining. Many trials have shown that fiber is very beneficial in relieving hemorrhoid symptoms such as discomfort, itching, bleeding and pain. Consider adding whole grains, fruits, whole grains bread and vegetables that are high in fiber to your diet.
Examples of High Fiber Foods:
Berries – Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
Nuts, Walnuts, Cashews, Peanuts, Almonds, Brazil Nuts
Whole grain bread
If you cannot add these foods to your diet, you can purchase a powdered fiber supplement called Psyllium from most health food stores and supermarkets.
2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day.
Water acts as a natural stool softener if you drink enough of it!
3) Increase your daily bioflavonoid intake.
Bioflavonoids, commonly found in citrus fruits, are a type of plant compound that decrease inflammation and strengthen blood vessel walls to help reduce rectal discomfort.
4) Try using the herb, Horse Chestnut.
Horse chestnut helps to relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation. It is available as a tea and pill form. People who suffer from blood disorders or take blood thinners should not use this herb.
5) Try using the herb, Witch Hazel.
Witch hazel is usually found in the form of a tea, an ointment, a distilled liquid or medicated pads. It helps to relieve itching, swelling and discomfort.
6) Try using the herb, Butcher’s Broom.
Butchers Broom is consumed in tea form or pill form. It is used to treat inflammation, poor circulation, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. Its vein-constricting properties help to shrink the swollen tissues. If you drink it as a tea, try a bit of honey, agave or Stevia to sweeten your tea.
7) Try using the herb, Calendula.
It can be applied topically as an ointment. It helps to relieve discomfort and itchiness.
8) Consider Venapro, a natural treatment for hemorrhoids.
9) Try his pillow: Everlasting Comfort Memory Foam Donut Cushion- Hemorrhoid Treatment, Tailbone and Coccyx Pain Relief (Black)
Why Have Surgery? Try These Natural Hemorrhoid Treatments First…
Before you consider going under the knife, consider trying a natural hemorrhoid treatment. Here are some natural treatments that will help to relieve hemorrhoid pain, reduce inflammation and shrink hemorrhoids.
* Apply chamomile as a topical ointment to the affected area. It helps to reduce inflammation.
* Use calendula oil to speed up the healing process. Take 1 cup of fresh calendula petals, 2 cups of olive oil, and ½ cup of wheat germ oil. Cover and let it sit in a sunny window for two weeks. Apply it as a topical ointment.
* Try some horse chestnut tea or pills to help relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation.
* Take some apple cider vinegar and apply it to the hemorrhoids and inside the rectum. This helps to ease the pain and shrink the size of the hemorrhoids.
* Apply witch hazel ointment directly on the hemorrhoid to relieve swelling, itching and discomfort.
* Boil three banana peels in 2 cups of water. Simmer until half of the water is gone. Add sugar to enhance the flavor. Drink this for 2-3 days until the hemorrhoids are gone.
* Add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to 8 oz of water and drink this 2 to 3 times daily for about a week. It clears up hemorrhoids and you have less recurrence.
* Melt some Vicks VapoRub. Add 1 cake of Camphor and stir it until it is completely mixed with the Vicks. Apply 3-4 times per day to hemorrhoids that are inside and out for about a week.
* Brew a cup of Butchers Broom tea to help treat inflammation. You can add honey or Stevia to sweeten the tea. It is also available in a pill form.
* Peel a small clove of garlic, prick it with a knife a few times and insert it into the rectum. It immediately kills the pain and itching. It also helps to speed the healing process.
* Boil two garlic cloves in two cups of water until they become soft. Situate yourself above the pot for fifteen minutes. It helps to stop the pain and shrink the hemorrhoids.
You can also try Venapro for a natural remedy.
And this highly rated pillow: Everlasting Comfort Memory Foam Donut Cushion- Hemorrhoid Treatment, Tailbone and Coccyx Pain Relief (Black)